Now you can seamlessly integrate your crew & project management with your Xero accounting software and do away with double entry, remove manual data entry ditch the paper trail to eliminate human error and save hours of admin.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to help support you, and for those who would like a closer look at the initial setup, just give us a call.
In Xero, ensure each employee has the following set within the Employment tab:
- Start Date entered
- Payroll Calendar selected e.g. Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly
- Ordinary Earnings Rate selected
- Also ensure a pay template is set up with all earnings lines
If your already connected to Xero you can skip this step.
Once you've ensured that your Xero account is setup and ready, head over to CrewTraka and login to your account.
After logging in, click on settings in the top right corner of your dash. Then navigate to the Xero Integration tab.
Click Connect to Xero, login with your Xero details, and make sure you select the correct company to connect to CrewTraka.
If you were already connected to Xero, In CrewTraka settings Select Xero integration > Select Link Employees.
If you've either already connected or are just connecting now;
- Under Xero Employee link each employee by clicking on + Create Xero Employee
- Select name from the list to match the CrewTraka Employee
Once completed for all employee’s > select next > wait for Finished linking with Xero message! > select finish
From CrewTraka Xero Integration...
- Select when you want your timesheets to be sent across from the below 2 options:
Next Payment Date: Timesheets will be sent on the Next Payment Date as set in Xero
End of Next Pay Period: Timesheets will be sent on the last day of your Next Pay Period as set in Xero
Note: These dates are found in Xero > Settings > Payroll Settings > Calendars
From CrewTraka settings...
- Select ‘crew hours’ from the left menu
- Under ‘work days and hours’ select your employee’s standard work days, e.g., Mon, Tues, Wed etc
- Enter your employee’s standard work hours, e.g. 38 standard hrs or 40 standard hrs
Note: Employees can still work on days not selected
From CrewTraka settings select ‘crew hours’ from the left menu , scroll to the bottom of the page to view crew rate loading.
You can select either ’Simple’ or ‘Advanced'
Simple - will apply overtime if the crew member logs hours after a specified time each day / week.
Advanced - will apply a loading e.g. time and a half or double time to a specified time period.
Tap the ‘+’ icon to add > Enter a name for the overtime/loading e.g., Overtime x 1.5
- Select the day, the start and end time you wish the overtime to be applied
- Select the multiplier rate e.g., 1.5x, 2.0x and select the ‘Xero Earnings Line’ you want the overtime to match in Xero
Click save and your done!